Please take a few minutes to read this statement carefully as it contains important information about our use of the Personal Data that you give us now or in the future, or which we have acquired or will acquire as a result of our business or proposed business relationship with you. "Personal Data” is any information from which an individual can be identified. For example, your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address may be Personal Data. It is our policy to take all necessary steps to ensure that Personal Data held by us is held securely and processed fairly and lawfully. We will take all necessary steps to implement this policy. Any Personal Data you give us will be held on secure data servers which protect against access behind password protected systems or offline. All our employees and data processors who have access to Personal Data are obliged to respect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Data. It is also our policy to ensure that all statutory requirements relating to the applicable Data Protection Laws are complied with and to monitor our internal procedures periodically to ensure compliance.
PERSONAL DATA THAT WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect the following information when you visit our website or interact with us:
- Personal information such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and date of birth,
- Products and services of interest and other information relating to customer surveys;
- Payment information including credit/debit card number or other financial information;
- Account information including username and password;
- Information about you from messages you post to the website and e-mails or letters you send to us;
- Information collected automatically including IP addresses, generic locations, service providers, time of activity, technology and device identifiers, and tracking pixels/cookies.
All of which you submit to us, for example, by:
- Purchasing, ordering and paying for products or services;
- Completing forms on the website;
- Signing up to our newsletters;
- Participating in our promotions, offers, surveys, quizzes, questionnaires, and/or competitions;
- Creating a user account via our website,
- Providing us with your feedback or leaving a product review;
- Contacting us with questions and comments.
OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Website access and administration
We will use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and to troubleshoot software issues, security and operational issues.
- Order processing and account management
Your information will enable us to manage your account and provide you with access to all parts of our website and to process your orders. It will also enable us to bill you and to contact you, where necessary, concerning the progress of your orders.
Your information will enable us to comply with our legal obligations which include:
- Providing you with customer service;
- Handling and attending to your complaints;
- Setting up and administering user accounts on any of the Sites;
- Maintaining our business records;
- Preventing fraud;
- Complying with requests of public authorities;
- Conduct any other purpose permitted or required by law.
- Advertising, marketing and public relations
We may from time to time contact you to promote and advertise our products and services to you in a newsletter by telephone, fax, e-mail, SMS or post. If at any time you decide you no longer wish to receive such newsletters, you may unsubscribe by following the steps that will be outlined in the newsletter. We may also use your information to administer and process surveys, quizzes, questionnaires and/or competitions.
- Consultancy and advisory services
Giving advice or providing services of an advisory, after sales, customer care, consultancy or technical nature.
Creating and maintaining customer data and profiles for the purpose of assisting us in devising and implementing our trading and marketing strategies and activities.
Market research, scientific or technical research.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN PERSONAL DATA?
We do not retain your information for any longer than is necessary based upon the purpose for which it was collected, or for which it is subsequently processed. We may need to retain certain information to enforce our terms, for fraud prevention, to identify, issue or resolve legal claims and/or for proper record keeping purposes. We may also retain a record of any stated objection by you to receiving updates from us for the purpose of ensuring we can continue to respect your wishes and not contact you further. Your personal information will be deleted or destroyed in a manner that cannot be restored or reproduced.
WHOM MIGHT WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We may share your Personal Data with the following third parties:
- PPG Group Entities may be recipients of your data and will always use it in accordance with this Privacy Statement;
- Processors and Service Providers are sometimes engaged by us to perform certain services. These include: (i) media agencies, design and printing agencies in order to conduct promotional and marketing activities or execute communications on our behalf; (ii) survey and market research companies, in order to obtain market intelligence; (iii) IT and other technical providers in order to obtain hosting, storage, or recovery services in case our computer systems were ever damaged, destroyed, or inaccessible; (iv) shipping entities and logistics service providers (e.g., courier, postal services) to ship to you products and other materials on our behalf; and (v) payment processing service providers.
- In case of a legal requirement we may also disclose your Personal Data and other information to third parties if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law or that disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; or (iii) to avoid imminent physical harm to any person or to protect our rights, safety or property. We may also use and disclose your Personal Data to relevant third parties (e.g., forensics investigators, external lawyers, law enforcement) to investigate, respond to, and/or to prevent a security/data breach, or to cooperate with government or law enforcement authorities pursuant to other legal matters.
- In case of corporate transactions we may share your Personal Data and other information with a third party (and its lawyers, accountants and other relevant parties) in the event that we merge with, acquires, is acquired by, or becomes a legal affiliate with, such third party, or should such a transaction be proposed.
Other than what is referenced above, the Personal Data and other data collected from you is not shared with nor sold to any person or entity outside of our company
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
In some cases, your Personal Data may be transferred to countries outside the European Union. Please note that different rules may apply to the protection of your Personal Data in such countries. In such cases, we will take measures to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized access. We protect your information using a range of physical, operational and technological safeguards that prevent unauthorized access to and disclosure of it.
You have the following rights which are exercisable free of charge:
- To access, rectify, port, and erase your Personal Data;
- To restrict and object to certain processing of your Personal Data including:
- The right to object to our processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing; and
- The right to object to our processing of your Personal Data where we are performing a task in the public interest or pursuing our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
Should you have any questions with regard to exercising any of the above rights or would like to lodge a complaint on how we process your Personal Data, please email email@example.com
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be announced and take effect as soon as they are posted on this page. Material changes will always be communicated appropriately by us.
This Privacy Statement was last changed on 25 May 2018.
Brown Brothers Distribution Limited (company registration number 01438525) whose registered office is at PO BOX 162, Needham Road, Stowmarket, Suffolk, IP14 2ZR