Our Response To COVID-19
Dear Valued Customer,
PPG appreciate the trust you place in us as your paint supplier and partner. This is a very difficult and unprecedented time, we want to emphasise that you can count on us to uphold the health and safety of our employees, customers and stakeholders as our highest priority as we continue to support you in the current environment.
With this in mind we have taken the difficult decision to significantly reduce our operational activities and staffing in all eleven of our Brown Brothers branches from close of business Friday 27th March. These restrictions will be in place until Tuesday 14th April.
We will still be operating with a skeleton staff at each branch, offering a next day collection only service if required. We are doing this in order to support any of our customers who are still currently open repairing key workers vehicles and can therefore react to any urgent needs.
In addition, within our Automotive Refinish team, including our Brown Brothers Distribution network, we are also:
- ensuring all employees who can work from home, to work from home.
- implementing processes at all of our plants, branches and offices to ensure proper hygiene practices are in place where people continue to work.
- continually assessing all of our critical product demands and are actively working to ensure sufficient coverage.
- To date, we have successfully minimised the impact to our supply chain by proactively increasing inventories or utilising and identifying alternative suppliers of high-risk materials. With the continuing spread of Covid-19 and the potential impact on our suppliers’ production operations and logistics, our supply chain team is reviewing all raw material and logistics flows to mitigate potential customer supply issues.
- To further supply chain continuity, PPG commercial teams will work with our customers to ensure we have the most accurate demand representation possible. We are currently reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and raw materials to address longer supply chain delivery times to meet customer demand.
We really appreciate your understanding and support during this extremely challenging time and thank you for your continued partnership and trust in PPG as we manage through this together.